Friday, April 2, 2010

Inca Stones - H. Tao

Though we have been uncoupled for 20 years, today, April 2nd, 2010, would have been my 33rd wedding anniversary.  I know because it's the day after April Fool's Day.  I tried finding a poem that would be appropriate to the occasion, but was unsuccessful. So, I will intrude one of mine into this humbling company, beg your indulgence, and hope you'll forget it in a week.  I wrote it in the early 1990s after her confession.
---------------------------

Inca Stones

I am the ghost by the bedside
watching them

joined like the stones
of Cuzco's Inca walls:

No room between
for even a blade
of grass.

Lighter than a sigh,

I float on.
                                                           
                                
                                                             Harrison Tao

No comments: